IELTS Essay Checker (AI)
Raise your IELTS writing score with our AI. Constantly available for instant, personalized feedback, and designed with precision in mind. Quality IELTS help anytime you need.
Score & Suggestions
1. Total Score: 7
- Task Response: 7
- Coherence and Cohesion: 7
- Lexical Resource: 7
- Grammatical Range and Accuracy: 7
2. Strengths and How to Maintain Them:
- The essay presents four different models for who should be responsible for the care of old people, each with advantages and disadvantages. ✅
- The writer supports their ideas with examples and presents a clear progression throughout the response. ✅
- The essay demonstrates a good command of vocabulary and a range of complex structures. ✅
3. Top Areas for Improvement: (with Tailored Learning Materials and Examples)
Area 1: Task Response
- ✍️ Suggestion: Clearly state your position on who should be responsible for the care of old people and provide evidence to support your claim.
- Example: Instead of presenting four different models without a clear conclusion, choose the model you believe is the best solution and explain why.
Area 2: Coherence and Cohesion
- ✍️ Suggestion: Ensure that each paragraph relates clearly to the main question of the prompt and avoid over-generalizing.
- Example: When discussing the model of the government taking responsibility for the care of old people, provide evidence to support your claim that the government cannot afford to support all old people.
Area 3: Lexical Resource
- ✍️ Suggestion: Use more topic-specific vocabulary related to the care of elderly people and avoid repetition of words.
- Example: Instead of using "old people" repeatedly, use synonyms such as "elderly" or "senior citizens."
4. Summary: (and encouragement)
Good job presenting different models for who should be responsible for the care of old people. Remember to clearly state your position and provide evidence to support your claim. Keep up the good work! 😊
Accuracy and reliability are crucial for IELTS essay evaluations. Our AI system has undergone rigorous testing to align with IELTS band criteria, providing you with dependable results.
We conducted a benchmarking exercise comparing our tool to official IELTS grades. For this purpose, we utilized a range of sample essays from bands 4 to 9, which are available on the ielts.org website.
We evaluated each essay using UpScore.ai and compared the results to the evaluations provided by professional examiners from IELTS, which were included alongside the sample essays. The AI tool demonstrates a solid level of precision and accuracy.
In this sample of five essays, ranging from band 4 to 8.5, UpScore.ai's grading was either on par with or within a 1.5 band difference from the official score. In the majority of cases (60%), the AI score varied from the official score by no more than 0.5 band.
This underlines the tool's reliability in providing valuable and near-accurate feedback for IELTS preparation.